confuse-devel

[Confuse-devel] Compiling libconfuse 2.5 with mingw-gcc under windows

From: matt
Subject: [Confuse-devel] Compiling libconfuse 2.5 with mingw-gcc under windows
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:20:41 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

Thanks for that great library.
I have managed to compile libconfuse.a with mingw under windows by
altering the file confuse.h just a little bit:

diff confuse.h.original confuse.h
60a61
> #ifndef __GNUC__ /* Not MINGW */
65a67,69
> #else /* MINGW */
> # define DLLIMPORT
> #endif /* MINGW */

The Borland "config.h" file can be used without modification by defining
-DHAVE_STRCASECMP with gcc.

This has been tested with MinGW 3.1 under Windows 2000.
(http://www.mingw.org/)

HOWTO:
Create a new directory "mingw" under the confuse-2.5\windows directory.
Go in the new "mingw" subdirectory and type in the following commands:
 gcc -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_STRCASECMP -I..\borland -I..\..\src -c
...\..\src\confuse.c
 gcc -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_STRCASECMP -I..\borland -I..\..\src -c
...\..\src\lexer.c
 ar rc libconfuse.a confuse.o lexer.o

Cool !

Regards,