confuse-devel

Re: [Confuse-devel] (no subject)

From: Martin Hedenfalk
Subject: Re: [Confuse-devel] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:46:25 +0200

Hello Xu Hao,

Removing the equal sign, or making it optional, would not require a very big change in the sources. However, it would be inconsistent with the "option += value" syntax. I also chose to use the equal sign because, IMHO, "option is equal to value" is more logical/natural than just "option value". I disagree that libConfuse will be much more useful if the equal sign is removed.

What would require a bigger change, in Amits case, is that 1) some option names are two words (eg, "option domain-name"), and 2) section names include options ("subnet 204.254.239.0 netmask 255.255.255.224 {...}").

Adding support for many different kinds of configuration files syntaxes is not the goal of libConfuse. Feel free to modify the sources to your liking.

I guess this also answers your previous question about parsing Apaches configuration file. I recommend that you take a look at dot.conf (http://www.azzit.de/dotconf/). I think it is able to parse those files.

Regards
/Martin Hedenfalk