codeboost-dev

[Codeboost-dev] OpenC++ on RedHat

From: Otto Skrove Bagge
Subject: [Codeboost-dev] OpenC++ on RedHat
Date: 01 Jun 2003 06:52:28 +0200

Hi,

I believe I have successfully solved the problems with OpenC++ on RedHat
8.0 (and possibly earlier and later versions).

There are two problems with RedHat:

  * OpenC++ won't compile with G++ 3.2.  This has been fixed recently in
    the CVS version, so updating the ATerm patch to work with a CVS
    snapshot solved this problem.

  * OpenC++ segfaults on RedHat when the garbage collector is enabled.
    This also occurs when compiling with G++ 2.95.x.  The solution to this
    is to compile without the garbage collector (CXXFLAGS=-DDONT_GC); some
    minor modifications to the code were necessary to make this work.

Both problems are fixed in the snapshot-HEAD-2003-03-25-ATerm-1 version
available from http://www.codeboost.org/.

-otto