classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] Last release of GNU JAXP

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] Last release of GNU JAXP
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:17:16 +0000

This is to announce the final release of GNU JAXP as a standalone package. The current JAXP code has been merged into GNU Classpath and will be maintained there, in order to complete the J2SE coverage of Classpath and see earlier adoption into free JVMs.

The release package is available here:

  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/classpathx/jaxp-1.3.tar.gz

Updated documentation is here (or will be shortly):

  http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaxp/

We've skipped a minor version to reflect the fact that we now implement version 1.3 of the JAXP specification.

Many thanks to Andrew Overholt for his work on packaging and building. GCJ native libraries are now built as well as the gnujaxp.jar Java archive.
--
Chris Burdess