classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] jaxp doesn't build with latest GCJ

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] jaxp doesn't build with latest GCJ
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:45:14 -0700

> I'm using the development branch of GCJ and something seems to be
> going wrong when compiling.

It often does ... it's been a while since I've tracked GCJ,
which is unfortunate (ISP accident I've not made time to fix).

> ./source/gnu/xml/dom/DomNsNode.java:137: No method named `getNodeType' in
> scope.
>        if (namespace != null || getNodeType () != ATTRIBUTE_NODE)
>                                         ^

Are you compiling from CVS or what?  The version I happen to
have on this system clearly has such a method in the base class
(returns a short).  But I also thought I'd ripped that method out
and made it go back to a static field...

> btw I've finally got the new Makefile system working. There is a shell
> script which generates the Makefile from a template (a bit like
> automake). There is also an aclocal file which abstracts the choice
> of compiler.

Sounds better than what's there now.  I confess I've not made
time to look at such issues recently.

> I'll create a jaxp module and tar it up for all you developers.

Sure, sounds good.

- Dave