classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] glassfish and classpathx

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] glassfish and classpathx
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:28:04 +0200

ZeruelX of Zinj wrote:
Now that GlassFish (which includes Sun's Java extension libraries and many more things) V2 is released, and is dual-licensed under the CDDL and the GPL, what does it mean for the future of ClasspathX?

There is another project out there that classpathx can share code with. But that aside, it's great to see Glassfish under Classpath's license, too.
Also, since GlassFish is under the GPL, that means people can contribute code from GlassFish into ClasspathX, right?

Yes. Otoh, since the FSF would like to upgrade its projects to GPLv3 in general, we're waiting to see what a) the FSF will do about the update of Classpath and other gcc exception texts
for GPLv3
b) if Sun will adopt GPLv3 for their implementations, too

so therefore, we're not merging in GPLv2 only code into Classpath at this point in time, in particular since FSF's GCC project includes a copy of Classpath, and GCC will be moving to GPLv3 (with potentially updated exception texts) for the next release.

cheers,
dalibor topic