Re: Mauve test question

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: Mauve test question
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:00:22 +0100

Am Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2004 17:43 schrieb Archie Cobbs:
> Michael Koch wrote:
> >>Let me know what changes we should make. I'll keep track, and
> >> let's try to come to an agreed-upon master file.
> >
> > Not that some tests in java.awt.color/image depend on the JVM too
> > as they depend on a proper floating point implementation.
>
> Not sure I understand. Isn't a proper FP implementation part of a
> correct JVM? Or is there some ambiguity in the JVM spec that is
> touched on by these tests?

Its just that it seems to be hard to get it right. At least we there
still seem be some issues with it in GCJ.

> > I really wonder how much people will use this files. Most people
> > using mauve use ./batch_run and this does not use classpath-mauve
> > or xfail files.
>
> I've never used batch_run. What is the advantage of using it?

Faster.

Compiles test classes one by one and doesn't fail completely when one
test class fails to compile. This is the better way IMO as some code
is sometimes included in one classpath implementation and not the
others for a while (mostly really short while but not always).

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/