RE: java.lang.Class.newInstance() construction caching

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: java.lang.Class.newInstance() construction caching
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:24:27 +0200

Brian Jones wrote:
> The patch to java/lang/Class is in CVS, couldn't tell from ChangeLog
> when though.  I'm cleaning up my inbox, can you tell?

The original patch was applied by Mark (I think) and the ChangeLog entry
was:
2003-04-17  Jeroen Frijters  <address@hidden>

        * java/lang/Class.java
        (constructor): Added transient field to cache constructor.
        (newInstance): Fixed to consider non-public constructors as
well,
        added constructor object caching and implemented accessibility
check.
        * vm/reference/java/lang/VMClass.java (throwException): option
method
        used to throw exception without declaring it... useful for
        duplicating Sun behavior in newInstance
        * include/java_lang_VMClass.h: updated

Regards,
Jeroen