Re: classpath ./ChangeLog java/lang/reflect/Proxy.j...

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: classpath ./ChangeLog java/lang/reflect/Proxy.j...
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 07:07:17 -0700

Michael Koch wrote:
CVSROOT:        /cvsroot/classpath
Module name:    classpath
Changes by:     Michael Koch <address@hidden>     02/12/23 03:30:29

        * java/lang/reflect/Proxy.java
        (h): This member was never final in any jdk release.

I'm not sure this change needed to be made. The field h is not publically accessible - it is protected within Proxy, user code should not extend Proxy directly, and internally created proxy classes never change the value of h. I thought making it final (like we made Integer.value final) provided more security from bad reflection code.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer