Re: Which JVM to use?

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: Which JVM to use?
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 09:53:35 +1000

> Daryl> Is there a preferred JVM to use?  It seems reasonable to avoid
> Daryl> Sun's, but other than that, I don't have an opinion or a clue
> Daryl> which would be better.
>
> Use in what way?

That is a very important question!

> Which ones work against Classpath CVS, I don't know.
> The web page says Kissme should, and I know the Kissme developers are
> fairly active, so I'd give that one a try.

We are reasonably active, but Kissme NOT ready to be used for any work
that matters.  Kissme has a number of significant bugs and missing
functionality.  Furthermore, we are not in a position to offer much
support.  All in all, it would not be a good idea to "bet the farm"
on Kissme right now.

That having been said, the more people who are running Kissme, reporting
bugs and (hopefully) offering patches, the sooner we'll get there.

-- Steve