build update

From: Brian Jones
Subject: build update
Date: 25 Oct 2001 23:59:17 -0400

I've made progress with making the build much easier, at least with
configure anyway.  I've temporarily broken my own native libraries
build locally until I add in the jni.h stuff.  So I can't commit what
I have yet but I thought folks would like to know my progress.

Btw, I couldn't make gcj the default compiler because it fails to
compile things that jikes is compiling without problems.  However I am
using gcc 2.96 so that could also be the problem there.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>