Re: Status Update

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Status Update
Date: 23 Oct 2001 22:49:27 -0400

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Brian when do you expect to make a new Classpath release? And what do you
> think should be in it?

I'd like to finish my updates to the build and let folks provide
feedback on that.  Then I'd like to consider going ahead with a
release to be followed up by a focus on just fixing broken native code
(any any necessary .java problems) followed by another release.

With regards to ORP I did a quick hack to get it to use our JNI
libraries and something like that will end up in a subsequent release
of ORP.  Unfortunately this did not make it into the most recent
release a few days ago.

I'd like more experience with gcj and other JVMs using Classpath as
well.  But I mostly find I just need a platform to write and test Java
and JNI native code with that just works.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>