cjk-list

Re: [cjk] New combo script - Re: The fixed-up script and the fixed Noto

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [cjk] New combo script - Re: The fixed-up script and the fixed Noto type 1 fonts.
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 06:06:22 +0200 (CEST)

> I have converted the fontforge native script stuff to fontforge's
> python API -
>
> https://github.com/HinTak/freetype-py/blob/fontval-diag/examples/subfonts.py

Very nice!  Thanks for your efforts.

> you just do:
>
> fontforge -script subfonts.py ...

Please extend the documentation in the file header:

  . The `must move' sentence is not really comprehensible IMHO; I
    think a more extensive explanation is necessary.

  . A better description of the dependency on the `freetype-py' python
    package: where to download, which version to use, how to install,
    etc.

I presume that this script is a generalization of the original
`subfonts.pe', working with all CJK fonts, right?

> as long as your fontforge is built with its python extensions. (most
> linux builds are, not sure about windows).

This also belongs to the documentation.

    Werner