cjk-list

Re: [cjk] output with source han and xdvipdfmx

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [cjk] output with source han and xdvipdfmx
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 19:21:22 +0000 (UTC)

I am in the middle of getting all 3 working, so I'll just be brief...

I don't believe everything wikipedia says... The gigantic 300+ MB
SourceHanNotoCJK.ttc with 142 typefaces (both Source San _AND_ Noto )
from https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-super-otc , is built by a very
well-known Adobe guy, Ken Lunde, from combining Source San and Noto. That
convinces me that they are not the same :-). Even when they share many
components and details.

All the pdf-based work-flow (LuaTeX/XeTeX/pdfTeX/dvipdfmx) allows embedding
actual pdf pages (plus clipping, etc) via the standard LaTeX "graphics"
package. While 250 diagrams is a lot, if they are not modified too often, you
can do a pure graphics 250-page pdf the old way, and do something like:

\includegraphics[page=23,viewport=312 588 542 720, clip]{myfigures250pages.pdf}

to insert them into the main document. This way you can have it both ways -
have your psfrag-based figures within a more pdf-centric work-flow.