cjk-list

Re: [cjk] output with source han and xdvipdfmx

From: Amigo Aleman
Subject: Re: [cjk] output with source han and xdvipdfmx
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 19:16:08 +0200

Hallo Hin-Tak,

concerning the Noto - Han Source relationship the Wikipedia under https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_Han_Sans writes even more explicitely: "The Source Han Sans font family was also released under the names Noto Sans CJK JP, Noto Sans CJK  KR, Noto Sans CJK SC, Noto Sans CJK TC by Google as part of its Noto fonts family." I don't know much more about that -- but that convinced me, that Noto and Source Han were the same?

Normally I am not overly anxious about technical conversation, being an engineer myself, ...but that grew a bit too complicated for my state of knowledge... ;-)))

I have neither experience with LuaTeX nor with XeTeX, but that would be no problem. My problem is simply the heavy use of psfrag in about 250 diagrams.

That means, that either the complete document or 250 parts with one diagram each stick with good old LaTeX. I habe other document weiten complete in PDFLaTeX, where a switch to Lua- or XeTeX would be easy -- but there I don't need foreign signs... ;-)))

As I understand, for the non-English parts in my document, generated with dvips, one can not search and not copy. That is not nice...

But as only a handful of characters is concerned,  I am willing to accept that for the possibility of further using psfrag...

And now, I regret, I have to stop and enter my weekend activities...

Thorsten