cjk-list

Re: [cjk] output with source han and xdvipdfmx

From: Thorsten
Subject: Re: [cjk] output with source han and xdvipdfmx
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 13:36:16 +0200

Hello Werner, hello Hin-Tak,

I am a bit in a hurry leaving for work, so only a few lines:

* "Noto Serif CJK is a rebadged version of Source Han Serif" says https
://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noto_fonts, so they should be the same I
thought?

* The Hanazono font is japanese, as I try to write Chinese text, I
would rather like to stay with a Chinese font, if possible. And if you
are right, my problem seems to be not missing glyphs in the original
font, but some mistake in my installation process?

* If I look to the state of the discussion on the list, I feel like a
layman listening to a discussion of experts... not understanding
much... ;-))) I only hope, that in the end there will be a way I
understand...

* I am visiting my sister's 25th anniversary of her wedding over the
weekend, so I have to apologize, that I am not quite sure, in how far I
manage to do further experiments or respond to emails during this
time...

Thank you for all effort you invest into my problem!

Thorsten