cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 11:36:20 +0200 (CEST)

> I admit, I am completely unexperienced concerning the usage of a
> mailing list.  Up to now I got two replies directly from you.  But
> as I see from the comment in your last email, there are others
> answering me as well.  How can I get access to their answers as
> well?

You should subscribe to `cjk-list', see

On this page you can also see a link to the archive, which collects
all mails sent to address@hidden'.

> Although I put quite some effort in getting Cyberbit running, I am a
> bit relieved, that that not seems to be the right way, as I learned
> from your and other's comments, that that is not a very nice font.

Well, cyberbit was a very early try to create a pan-Unicode font, but
it has many deficiencies.  In particular, the used shapes for the
various scripts don't harmonize at all.  Modern OpenType fonts can do
much more, especially for CJK languages: Depending on the environment,
different glyph shapes should be used, cf.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_unification

This is something cyberbit doesn't take care at all (but SourceHan
does).

    Werner