Re: [Chicken-users] trouble installing utf8 egg

From: kooda
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] trouble installing utf8 egg
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2019 11:24:13 +0100

paul wisehart <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to install utf8 i get error:
> ............/.chicken-install/cache/utf8/utf8.import.so
>   installing utf8
>   install: /usr/local/share/chicken/address@hidden: Permission denied
>
>   Error: shell command terminated with nonzero exit code
>   256
>   "sh /home/wise/.chicken-install/cache/utf8/utf8.install.sh"

Hi!

The problem is most probably that the utf8 egg tries to install some files
outside of CHICKEN_INSTALL_REPOSITORY, that’s a known issue and it
can’t be fixed with environment variables.

What we usually advise is to have a custom installation of CHICKEN where
it has write access, inside your $HOME for example.

BUT, yesterday evening I updated the utf8 egg so that it doesn’t install
extra files, so if you retry now, it should work.