Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-bind: don't get output for 'mosquitto.h'

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-bind: don't get output for 'mosquitto.h'
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:54:47 +1300

Hi Christoph,

On 2018-12-03 10:59, Christoph Lange wrote:
> I have problems using 'chicken-bind'. I'm trying to make 'mosquitto', the
> MQTT library, available to Chicken. But
>
> *chicken-bind -follow-include mosquitto.h*
>
> gives me a practically empty 'mosquitto.scm' file:
>
> Any idea, where I should look for the solution of this?

It's often necessary to tweak header files to some degree before bind
can handle them, since it's not a general-purpose C processor. This
usually means at least stripping preprocessor noise (some of which will
go unevaluated), since that can confuse further parsing.

Attached is a diff against that mosquitto.h file you linked which allows
chicken-bind to work, and the resulting mosquitto.scm file.

Hope that helps,

Evan