[Chicken-users] Understanding Chicken 5 build scripts.

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] Understanding Chicken 5 build scripts.
Date: 12 Sep 2018 19:28:25 +0200

Hi,

since I learned how CHICKEN 5's chicken-install creates platform specific build scripts, I wonder: why?

This looks to me like asking for trouble. (Incompatible interpreters, quotation issues etc.)

Intuitively I'd rather chosen build upon the PLT make macro and scsh-process and avoid dependencies on external interpreters as much as I could.

Hence there must be some advantage to it I fail to see.

Which one?

Best

/Jörg