Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-hackers] Some questions about CHICKEN 5 egg

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-hackers] Some questions about CHICKEN 5 eggs and modules
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 12:13:50 -0700

Hi  Felix,

I think this last question about installing include files is closely
related to my question, so let me try to clarify.

I have a couple of eggs that generate and compile code similar to the
way chicken-crunch works. These eggs would install header or source
files that are required for the compilation process. Some of these
source files belong to distinct functional modules that are organized
in subdirectories. In CHICKEN 4, it was possible to install these
files to corresponding subdirectories of CHICKEN_PREFIX/share/chicken,
thus preserving the logical structure. In CHICKEN 5, this is currently
not possible, but I think it would be a very convenient feature. We
can of course define our own conventions and install the additional
files into subdirectories of $HOME, but it makes more sense to me to
keep them in the CHICKEN directory hierarchy. I hope this makes sense.

Best regards,
-Ivan