Re: [Chicken-users] Include path when compiling an Egg.

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Include path when compiling an Egg.
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 00:11:54 +0200

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 12:08:16AM +0200, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> Yeah, sorry this is pretty inconsistent. There are a couple of eggs
> that will add /usr/local as a prefix for the linker and preprocessor.

As a rule, they shouldn't be doing that at all (unless as a side effect
of calling pkg-configure); one might have several versions of a library
installed, under different prefixes (a more recent or customized one
might be installed under my homedir, for example).  You don't want an
egg to go choosing the wrong one on its own accord.

Cheers,
Peter