[Chicken-users] sandbox usable?

From: Josh Barrett
Subject: [Chicken-users] sandbox usable?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 04:00:36 +0000

Ahoy!

I need to execute some untrusted code. A sandbox would be a good way to do this. Conveniently, Chicken has just such an egg - the sandbox egg.

Unfortunately, sandbox was last touched in 2009 (AFAICT), and the similar but slightly more recently updated environments egg (also by Felix) is noted as being broken on more recent versions of Chicken.

So the question is, does Sandbox work? And if not, is there any working alternatives, or other schemes that have working alternatives - I already know about Racket, and no, Guile's sandboxes do not count as a working alternative: at least, not for my purposes.