Re: [Chicken-users] reachable top-level functions and variables

From: Sven Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] reachable top-level functions and variables
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 08:52:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Evan.

Evan Hanson <address@hidden>, 2017-07-13 11:28:
> Hi Sven,
>
> Have you tried `csc <filename> -analyze-only -debug d`?

No, the output could be a useful start.

> This will give you a full list of value definitions, including module
> prefixes for any identifiers bound within a module. This may not be
> precisely what you mean by "reachable", but it might be a start.

Yes, functions that can never be called from the compiled program
are still there.
Will the profile output of the compiled program (-accumulate-profile)
be a reliable filter if I avoid inlining and make
sure that all possible input cases are seen by the program?

Ciao
Sven