Re: [Chicken-users] Any code coverage tools for Chicken code?

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Any code coverage tools for Chicken code?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:37:14 +0100

* Cecil McGregor <address@hidden> [161121 01:57]:
> Any code coverage tools for Chicken Scheme?
> Almost any output format is acceptable.
>
> After writing lots of unit tests for the code, I now
> want to ensure that the tests have executed
> all the code.
>
> Searching the web and these mailing lists, I cannot
> find any such tool.
>
> (After solid test-driven development in unit-tests,
> profiling and code coverage in C++, python and
> nodeJS, I am a firm believer in this methodology.
> Perhaps after I learn scheme better, I could
> write an egg for this.)

At the moment there's no such thing for this in CHICKEN. We do have an
instrumentation for profiling in place though so you might hack this
to get the code path out of the runtime. Alternatively you might print
the call trace (which is not a call stack!) after each run. Depending
on how the code is written there may be information missing (tight
loops scrolling out interesting information for example).

YMMV

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.