Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling eggs to .c

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling eggs to .c
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 21:02:58 +0200

* Norman Gray <address@hidden> [161025 20:42]:

> With 'chicken-install -n' I appear to have the required .c files ...
> somewhere, but the only way of finding where they are appears to be reading
> the chicken-install chatter to find the location of the temp directory.  I
> was wondering if there was a more automatable way.

You could retrieve the dir yourself first with chicken-install -r and
then cd into it, run chicken-install -n (without addifitional
arguments). But of course you would need to track dependencies
manually.

> >For my projects I have manually unrolled the compilation
> >stuff into a shell script. Yes it is tedious and sucks but it
> >works.
>
> I was really hoping to avoid that, partly because I'm not confident I'd get
> all the build invocations right for the various extensions, so I'd never
> really know if subsequent problems were because of that or not.  But the
> trial-and-error might be quicker than what I'm doing just now.

I know that feeling...

Cheers,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.