[Chicken-users] Coroutines and Finite State Machines Egg

From: Robert Smiley
Subject: [Chicken-users] Coroutines and Finite State Machines Egg
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:52:29 -0600

Hello everyone,

My name is Robert and I'm new around here.

I've recently created an egg out of some code I have written. The library's focus is cooperative multitasking using coroutines and finite state machines.

I understand this approach has drawbacks compared to srfi-18 (having to explicitly yield control), but I'm aware of some situations where these could be useful, such as in game engines.

The repo can be found here
https://github.com/yarnoiser/cooperative

This is url of the release info file specifically.
https://github.com/yarnoiser/cooperative/blob/master/cooperative.release-info

Would it be possible to have this added to the egg-locations file?

As I am quite inexperienced with writing libraries, I decided to err on the side of caution and mark the code as pre-release. Please let me know if you find bugs. I'm also open to feedback on the code itself (especially for improving the finite state machine macro).

I'll also be working on a chicken library for asynchronous i/o here
https://github.com/yarnoiser/async-io

Apart from that, hello chicken community. It's nice to meet you.

-Robert