Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] CHICKEN 4.11.0 release candidate 1 available

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] CHICKEN 4.11.0 release candidate 1 available
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 22:44:43 +0200

On Sat, Apr 09, 2016 at 10:53:19AM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 07:24:37PM -0400, J Irving wrote:
> > Hey Peter
> >
> > Here's a script log. Let me know if you need anything else.
>
> Thanks for the log.  It looks like there's really an important bug that
> we've overlooked: AFAICT everything else in your log is sane.
> I've created ticket #1227 to track this: https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1277

Hello again,

Could you try temporarily disabling System Integrity Protection to see
whether that causes the problem?

There's a description at
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Security/Conceptual/System_Integrity_Protection_Guide/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016462-CH5-SW1

on how to do that with csrutil(1).  It's a bit involved, unfortunately,
but I think it would really help to figure out whether this is a red
herring or the cause of the issue:

----
To enable or disable System Integrity Protection, you must boot to Recovery OS
and run the csrutil(1) command from the Terminal.

    Boot to Recovery OS by restarting your machine and holding down the Command
and R keys at startup.

    Launch Terminal from the Utilities menu.

    Enter the following command:

    $ csrutil enable

After enabling or disabling System Integrity Protection on a machine, a reboot
is required.
---

I suppose to disable it you'd have to type "csrutil disable", not
"csrutil enable".

Cheers,
Peter