Re: [Chicken-users] New egg: PPL, a Prolog interpreter in Scheme

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New egg: PPL, a Prolog interpreter in Scheme
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 07:10:23 +0000

Hello Jeronimo,

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 22:30:28 -0300 Jeronimo Pellegrini <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, I have packaged PLL ("Programming in Logic in Lisp") [1].
>
> PLL is a set of implementations of Prolog in Scheme. It is not supposed
> to be efficient, but rather as a simple way to teach the fundamentals of
> Logic Programming and the internal working of a Prolog interpreter
> (conceptually only -- a real implementation would be radically
> different). This interpreter is based on a simple implementation of the
> AMB operator.
>
> PPL has less than 500 lines of standard Scheme code (around 700 with the
> examples file) -- and there is redundand code, since it includes
> different versions of the interpreter, not sharing too much code,
> so as to keep it readable.
>
> This is the Github page:
> https://github.com/jpellegrini/pll
>
> and this is the release-info file:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jpellegrini/pll/master/pll.release-info
>
> Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks for sharing your code.

Salmonella has detected some issues:

- pll depends on r7rs, but the r7rs egg is not in .meta's
  `needs'/`depends' form

- srfi-1 is a core unit in CHICKEN 4, so no need to be in `needs'

I notice the version is specified as a number.  This may cause problems
sometimes.  Please, take a look at
https://github.com/ckeen/pastiche/commit/862c1d7008342230dcd4a4109376dd381f956207
for a more detailed explanation.

All the best.