Re: [Chicken-users] Scraping the REPL?

From: Hefferon, James S.
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Scraping the REPL?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 17:51:28 +0000

Thank you for the "script" suggestion.  I apologize but I don't understand it.

I'm looking for a way to automatically capture an interactive session, and drop
it to a file, without cutting and pasting from a terminal or an editor.   When
I use
LaTeX to compile the book, I'd like that as part of the compilation it runs
Chicken's csi and captures the session, so that session can be
brought into the document.  (My past experience with cutting and pasting is
that as
the document changes the code samples get out of sync.  In addition, I'd like
that
if a person gets the doc off my github account and they compile the doc then
they
know their setup matches their doc.)

That is, I'd like to feed this to csi, and then grab the transcript.

#;1> (+ 5 1)
6
#;2> (define (f x)
    (+ x 1))
#;3> (f 5)
6

I can get LaTeX to run programs, for example to call "csi -script foo.scm >
foo.out".  But
I'm not sure if it is possible to grab the REPL without an Expect-type
situation.

I understand "script" it will give me a single output, and not show the REPL at
all.
Am I missing the point (probably)?

Thank you,
Jim