Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 has been released

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 has been released
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 08:47:32 -0400

Peter Bex scripsit:

> One problem with MINGW is that it's badly maintained (unless I'm
> mistaken, the most recent binary release is from 2013).  Mingw-w64
> is better maintained, and despite the name it also works on 32 bit
> systems.  I think it does support getc_unlocked.  You can find it
> here: http://mingw-w64.org

As part of the Chicken 5 effort, we should consider switching not only
to mingw-w64, but also to MSYS2.  We should also look at Cygwin-64,
as there are probably still parts of the code base that assume that
Cygwin is inherently 32-bit.  (I'm not using Cygwin-64 yet myself,
so there is no hurry on this.)

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
He made the Legislature meet at one-horse tank-towns out in the alfalfa