Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-announce] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate

From: Oleg Kolosov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-announce] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate 4 available
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:34:47 +0300

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 15:02, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> It gets "hardcoded" into chicken-config.h the first time you run make.
> If you run make with a different C_compiler later on, it will only use
> that C compiler to compile the C files, but "csc" will use the C compiler
> from chicken-config.h.  The reason behind this probably is so that you
> can configure a C compiler which is different from the host compiler, for
> example when cross-compiling.
>
> It sure can be confusing, though :)

I've debugged this problem some time ago. I barely remember that there was some
issue with test environment itself, not the compiler. But, unfortunately, I
forgot what it was exactly.

AFAIR my CMake based test suite was able to run all tests just fine, but there
was not much interest in including it into the core, so it stuck in "works for
me" stage.

—
Regards, Oleg
Art-System