Re: [Chicken-users] testing if a symbol has been interned

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] testing if a symbol has been interned
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:45:30 -0800

On Dec 19, 2014, at 10:38 PM, Alexej Magura <address@hidden> wrote:

In Common Lisp, clisp specifically, you can test whether a symbol has been bound, that is interned, or not using boundp; is there a way to do this in Chicken?

(boundp 'a) ; nil
(defvar a 1)
(boundp 'a) ; t

I wrote up a function once a while back that used exception handling to check if a symbol had been defined, but if there's already an egg that provides this support or if it's built-in, I wanted to know so that I wouldn't have to bother trying to rewrite said function.

Look at the symbol-utils egg unbound-value unbound-value? unbound?

#;1> (use symbol-utils)
#;2>  (unbound? 'foo)
#t
#;3> (unbound? '+)