Re: [Chicken-users] SRFI-99 - What is a variant type?

From: Daniel Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SRFI-99 - What is a variant type?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 22:17:33 -0800

I'll chime in that I also find it a little clumsily written, but that it reads to me like variant types are, in practice, little more than different ways of identifying the same data. Which seems like something you could do with an additional field, but perhaps you aren't interested in exposing any implementation details of your type to the user and so this sort of behaviour is desirable.

That said, I've never seen it in use.

-Dan

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Bahman Movaqar <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/15/2014 08:38 AM, Alex Shinn wrote:
> This appears to be a chicken-specific extension:
>
> http://www.chust.org/fossils/srfi-99/wiki?name=variant+types
>
> I'm not sure I understand that description, but appears to be
> something like a union type?

Thanks for your answer Alex. I didn't understand it either :-)

--
Bahman Movaqar

http://BahmanM.com - https://twitter.com/bahman__m
https://github.com/bahmanm - https://gist.github.com/bahmanm
PGP Key ID: 0x6AB5BD68 (keyserver2.pgp.com)