Re: [Chicken-users] How to compile with openssl?

From: Sascha Ziemann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How to compile with openssl?
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 16:30:46 +0200

If you can please consider upgrading, 4.7.0 is horribly out of date
and tons of bugs have been fixed in the meantime.

With the two non obvious lines:

  (use chicken-syntax)
  (begin-for-syntax (require-extension blowfish))

it works better than Perl's XMLRPC::Lite which fails to parse the XML result of a method I need and which needs also Jessi packages on Wheezy. Installing Jessi packages on Wheezy puzzles Apt and causes package dependency errors. With the Chicken version I can remove the Jessi packages and Apt is happy again.

Regard,
Sascha