[Chicken-users] Question about (use numbers)

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: [Chicken-users] Question about (use numbers)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:55:36 +0100

Hello,

I have installed the numbers egg. When I run (use numbers) I get a lot of warnings to the effect of:

Note: re-importing already imported identifier: +
Note: re-importing already imported identifier: -
Note: re-importing already imported identifier: *
Note: re-importing already imported identifier: /
Note: re-importing already imported identifier: =
Note: re-importing already imported identifier: >
Note: re-importing already imported identifier: <
Note: re-importing already imported identifier: >=
Note: re-importing already imported identifier: <=
Note: re-importing already imported identifier: eqv?

Does this mean that I am loading the module wrong? I notice that the warnings don't go away when I load "csi -quiet".

Incidentally, what is the difference between (require-extension xyz) and (use xyz)? Which one should I use?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.