Re: [Chicken-users] Declare large expressions as read-only and not gc-ab

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Declare large expressions as read-only and not gc-able?
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 15:25:38 -0600

I'll bet if you define a 100MB literal, the resulting C file would be at least
a gigabyte and neither CHICKEN nor gcc would be able to handle it.  You could
try it and let us know.

You could evict it theoretically, but for something that big, you may have to
create your own data structure in C and malloc it.

I'm curious what this expression is for.