Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki design

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki design
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:41:29 +0100

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 04:54:03PM -0200, Arthur Maciel wrote:
> Thank you for your feedback, Christian and Daniel!
>
> I tried to adjust the code according to your suggestions and made other
> modifications too. No doubt it is still hacky, but the point now is to
> gather opinions about this possibility (and others too).

I like the new design as well!  I agree about the removal of
all things Google, and I'm happy to see you've done this.
Overall it's an improvement and I'm in favor of using this new
design, but there are a few problems I've noticed that should
probably be fixed first:

Right now my main laptop is unusable so I'm on an older iBook,
where the resolution is kind of low.  Due to the small screen size
the search boxes overlap with the "menu" tabs.  I imagine the same
happens on those fancy new tablet thingies as well.

The little CHICKEN logo looks very pixelated, with hard edges.  This
is due to the browser's ugly resizing; I recommend scaling the image
to the desired size with a decent graphics editor.  This should also
make the download size smaller.

Finally, the matching paren highlighting thing in the source snippet
goes haywire when I hover over some code: it overlines everything
here.  I guess the text height is slightly different from the
surrounding spans or something like that.

Thanks for putting in the effort to freshen things up a bit!

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net