[Chicken-users] trying to gracefully stop threads

From: Michael Greenly
Subject: [Chicken-users] trying to gracefully stop threads
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 13:23:09 -0600

I've been trying to learn how threads work but have become a bit stumped by this example:

https://gist.github.com/mgreenly/7847072#file-graceful-scm

My assumption is that the thread would be started and recurs until done becomes false at which time that thread would exit cleanly and allow the join in the primary thread to continue.

The 'done' flag only becomes false when INT is signaled and handled

Instead I get a "Error: uncaught exception: #<condition: (join-timeout-exception)>".

This implies to me that INT is killing the thread t1 and the primary thread raises the join-timeout becuase t1 no longer exists?

My goal is just to signal t1 so it will stop and allow the primary thread to exit gracefully.

Any chance anyone can point me in the right direction?

--
Michael Greenly
http://logic-refinery.com