Re: [Chicken-users] go routines for chicken

From: Moritz Heidkamp
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] go routines for chicken
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 13:39:15 +0100

Hi Piotr,

address@hidden writes:
> Is there anything comparable in Chicken Scheme? If not, how
> complicated would be to make such an implementation?

I am trying to port Clojure's core.async module in my very limited spare
hacking time to CHICKEN right now. This should be what you are looking
for. I will announce it here once something usable comes from that.

> I understand that Chicken only offers very limited threading
> capability.

Well, it's only limited in the amount of cores you can utilize (1) and
what kinds of functions you can run in parallel (e.g. FFI calls usually
block all threads). This is orthogonal to Go-style channels, though.

Moritz