Re: [Chicken-users] All threads are blocking by I/O

From: Claude Marinier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] All threads are blocking by I/O
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 18:45:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, Pedro Melendez wrote:
Oh well, that's unfortunately :( The server would run at the end in a Linux box, but I need to be able to test it on windows during the development.

I am willing to spend time on fixing this, but I am not very knowledgeable
on Chicken internals so I am not sure how useful (or fast enough) would be
my help.

This is where cygwin might help. It provides a POSIX compatibility layer. It is almost GNU/Linux without the Linux kernel. The installation takes time and downloads lots of stuff. Do not use their Chicken Scheme package; it is very old. Select the development tool packages (not the MinGW flavour) and other things you need. You may have trouble if you need a library which is not available as a cygwin package. Check the package list. Look here.

    http://cygwin.com/install.html

Good luck.

--
Claude Marinier