[Chicken-users] Any way to get the scsh-process egg working on Windows?

From: Omar Antolín Camarena
Subject: [Chicken-users] Any way to get the scsh-process egg working on Windows?
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 09:34:18 -0400

Hi everyone!

I love the convenience of the SCSH process notation and would like to
be able to use it on Windows, but it currently uses process-fork
internally and this function is unavailable on native Windows chicken
builds. I was a little surprised that the run macro in scsh-process
uses process-fork, I expected it to use just the pipe functions from
the posix unit. Why doesn't it, is it just to share code with the &
macro or is there some obstacle to implement it using only the pipe
functions?

Do people have any advice on getting the run macro from scsh-process
to work on windows (I guess the & macro would definitely be harder)
with a minimum of hassle? Should I install cygwin? (And then building
chicken, I guess, since the chicken in the cygwin package list is old:
3.4) Try to reimplement (the subset I need of the functionality of)
run using only pipes?

I don't really have anything riding on getting SCSH process notation
to work on Windows, but it would be nice.

--
Omar Antolín Camarena