Re: [Chicken-users] Multiple concurrent top levels?

From: J Altfas
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Multiple concurrent top levels?
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 01:54:09 -0700

wrote:

> Regarding:
> http://wiki.call-cc.org/embedding
>
> Is it possible to embed chicken in such a way that there exists
multiple
> concurrent top levels that do not directly interact unless objects

are
> specifically passed by the programmer?
>
> -Dan

I've used the embedding API to some extent, but I'm not sure about
"multiple toplevels".  It's unclear what "toplevel" environment(s)
you're referring to.  There's the C_toplevel and I'm pretty sure
there's only one of those.  The Scheme toplevel runs after
CHICKEN_run() is called, and can be stopped and resumed (by
return-to-host and CHICKEN_continue), but that doesn't say anything
about multiple, simultaneous, independent Scheme instances.

Maybe that's not what you're driving at.  What kind of "interaction"

do you mean, and what would it achieve?  I'm thinking it could be
difficult to get there directly, but perhaps there are other ways to
accomplish your goals.  More info about what you have in mind would
probably be helpful.

J. Altfas.