[Chicken-users] replacement for rlwrap on MS Windows, MinGW

From: Claude Marinier
Subject: [Chicken-users] replacement for rlwrap on MS Windows, MinGW
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 21:21:31 -0400

Greetings,

I have stumbled upon a potentially useful tool for Scheme development on MS Windows. It comes to us from the "alien" world of Lisp (it's actually written in C++, Daan just likes Lisp).

    http://www.daansystems.com/lispide/

So far, so good.

I configured it to use its Scheme keyword set and told it use some other Scheme interpreter. The latter is temporary: MinGW & Cygwin are still interfering with each other and csi won't run. The editor looks good (uses Scintilla). One can highlight code, click the pair of red parentheses, and the code runs in the REPL window. One can also type directly in the REPL window which supports command recall with Ctrl-> & Ctrl<-. This is great!

Note that 1) I appreciate the emacs suggestions but am firmly in the vim world, and 2) I have had mixed results with slimc and vimrepl (but vim package the system is neat).

vim REPL  -  http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4336

This exercise has increased my appreciation for Linux and my sympathy for Windows developers.  :-)

--
Claude Marinier