[Chicken-users] Redefinition of a syntax keyword

From: John Cowan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Redefinition of a syntax keyword
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 13:02:08 -0400

[+chicken-hackers]

Evan Hanson scripsit:

> I don't think this is specific to `rec`, but is simply the way CHICKEN
> handles syntax,

I don't mean to imply otherwise.  But I consider it a pretty serious bug.
A REPL should allow the redefinition of a syntax keyword as a variable.
What we get now is a big mess, where it's redefined in operand position
but not in operator position:

CHICKEN
(c) 2008-2013, The Chicken Team
(c) 2000-2007, Felix L. Winkelmann
Version 4.8.2 (rev 6edccb4)
windows-cygwin-x86 [ manyargs dload ptables ]
compiled 2013-06-11 on LNGNYCL-FDB00M1 (CYGWIN_NT-5.1)

#;1> (define-syntax noodle
  (syntax-rules () ((noodle) (print "noodle"))))
#;2> (define noodle 32)
#;3> (noodle)
noodle
#;4> noodle
32

--
You know, you haven't stopped talking           John Cowan
since I came here. You must have been           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan