[Chicken-users] How to statically compile in an extension?

From: Eric Dong
Subject: [Chicken-users] How to statically compile in an extension?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 12:13:18 -0400

Hi there,

I'm constantly seeing references to "statically compiling an extension" but I can't find any reference on how exactly to do that. My usage case is I want to distribute an executable completely independent of Chicken libraries *and* the matchable extension, which is weird since even though it simply implements macros, it still gets loaded as an .so in the compiled code.

How would I do this? This is pretty necessary for my usage case since a big folder full of .sos and a shell script wrapper isn't exactly elegant...

Thanks!
Eric Dong