Re: [Chicken-users] Best way to share memory between C and Chicken

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Best way to share memory between C and Chicken
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 07:26:21 +0900

Hello,

  I really strongly advise _against_ using SRFI-4 vectors for 4G files, as I have experienced serious performance issues even with vectors of a few million elements. If  your C code is to be linked with your Chicken code, you can pass the pointer to your data from C to Scheme and use SRFI-4 foreign pointers to access it (see unit lolevel for details). If the C code is running as a separate process, you could try using posix-shm to create shared memory between processes and then use foreign pointers in the Chicken process.

  Ivan