Re: [Chicken-users] [patch] remove the initial check on directory exista

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [patch] remove the initial check on directory existance
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:54:19 +0100

On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 02:20:59AM +1100, richo wrote:
> This patch removes the internal check for directory existance in
> create-directory, meaning that it can be treated as atomic on platforms
> where mkdir(2) is.

This makes it inconsistent with the documentation (which, iiuc is already
the case on Windows).

I think this patch shouldn't go through, the behavior is wrong.
It's probably better to make it ignore EEXIST if you want it to be
atomic.

By the way, I don't quite understand why create-directory needs to be
separate for Windows and Unix.  Could someone please explain that?

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx