Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken-users Digest, Vol 122, Issue 5

From: Răzvan Rotaru
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken-users Digest, Vol 122, Issue 5
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 20:23:26 +0200

Hi,

It contains the latest stable chicken version (4.8.0). Currently this is visible only in the filename of the installer (chicken-4.8.0.exe). I will think of putting it also somewhere in the wizard steps.

The chicken build is 32-bit, but it runs ok on Windows 7 64-bit. (The same applies to mingw).

Razvan

On 7 January 2013 19:00, <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 12:01:01PM +0200, R?zvan Rotaru wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> I have made a windows installer for chicken. You can get it from
>
> https://bitbucket.org/roti/chicken-installer/downloads
>
> It includes the MinGW GCC compiler. I would appreciate any feedback if
> there are windows users out there who choose to use it.

This is great, thanks for putting in the effort.  It would help if you
stated which version of Chicken it is exactly, since the 4.8.0 release
is known not to build under Windows 64-bit AFAIK.

Please note there's a 4.8.0.1 in the works which will fix a few of
these issues.

Cheers,
Peter
--