Re: [Chicken-users] patch to move my eggs to github

From: Alan Post
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] patch to move my eggs to github
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 06:43:50 -0601

On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 01:29:51PM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 06:57:11PM -0600, Alan Post wrote:
> > I've just migrated my eggs from the chicken-eggs svn repository into
> > github.  Will someone with the appropriate permission apply the
> > patch?
>
> Hello Alan,
>
> I had a look at your github repos and noticed that you didn't create
> git tags corresponding to the tags in svn, but the release-info file
> still mentions these releases.  This means that henrietta-cache will
> be unable to download these old releases.  Currently it has cached
> these, but the idea of a cache is that you should be able to blow it
> away at any time without affecting functionality.

I don't have tags in my github repository, but I do have branches.
Trying the uri:

  https://github.com/alanpost/genturfahi/tarball/1.0.1

Does get me a file.  I believe I created all of the labels that are
present in svn:

  https://github.com/alanpost/genturfahi/branches

It must specifically be a tag?

Thank you,